What am I learning about? Continuing professional development
I love learning. I'm constantly updating my knowledge.
Here's a list of professional development I have recently completed:
- Responding to Reproductive Loss and Grief: Fertility, IVF, ART; Not Enjoying Parenthood; Post-abortion support- Suzanne Hurley, Fertile Ground Health Group.
- The importance of subjective assessment and the history taking process- Advanced Clinical Education
- Presentations from the International Children’s Continence Society webinar- accessed through Continence Foundation of Australia
- Parental Burnout: Diagnostic and Treatment: Training Institute for Parental Burnout
- Rethinking PCOS- Lara Briden
- Advanced Pre and Post Natal Nutrition- Brittany Darling, Designs for Health
- Long COVID Syndrome- Long COVID Immunology and Long Haul COVID- Heather Zwickey and Jeff Novack- Health Masters Live
- GET PERMISSION INSTITUTE:
- The Art of Crumbing- Using crumbs during food exploration helps children learn to try new foods and build confidence. Exploring how crumbs help children gain sensory skills and motor skills at the mealtime.
- Food Stretches: Stretching From Familiar- A s-t-r-e-t-c-h is a new food trying technique that helps a child learn to enjoy a new food or food property in tiny steps starting from a familiar food or food property. You s-t-r-e-t-c-h from “familiar,” something the child knows and likes.
- Mealtime Peace- exploring ways to help families find mealtime peace as a starting point for enjoyment, reconnection, and new food trying.
- Trauma and Feeding: Supporting Families at Mealtimes with a Trauma-Informed Lens
- Pressure and Permission- Looking at the influence of pressure on a child’s ability to participate in mealtimes, to learn from food opportunities, and enjoy eating; the neurophysiological basis of pressure and stress on the nervous system and how pressure reduces interest and permission in eating interactions.
- Food is Sensory- There is a look, smell, touch and texture, smell, taste, and even sound. These are the factors that helps us love and enjoy our meals but can be a sensory roadblock for children who are worried eaters. We will explore each food sensory channel and discover how we can grade our food offers carefully to increase an anxious eater’s ability to explore and find enjoyment in that food. We will review research that supports an increased understanding of food sensations and look at ways to support parents in their food presentations.
- The Cycle of Effective Feeding Therapy: A Responsive Feeding Approach- facilitating children of all ability levels to build on their strengths and discover their own intrinsic motivations to eat, including hunger, connection, joy, comfort and curiosity.
- Bachelor of Medicines Management with Professional Honours in Complementary Medicines- University of Tasmania
- Grade the Ask: A Sensitive Strategy for Careful and Successful New Food Interactions- Get Permission Institute
- Integria Healthcare Symposium- 'Restoring the Seat of Health- Advanced GIT Clinical Insights'
- Reproductive Hormone Assessment & Herbal Medicine Prescription Masterclass- Rhiannon Hardingham- Fertile Ground
- Bioceuticals Symposium- Enhancing Mental Wellbeing
- Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome- Water Damaged Buildings: An exploration of water-damaged building exposure and biotoxin illness- Amie Skilton, Bioceuticals
- Level 1 Thyroid Practitioner Training- Tara Nelson
- Vitae Mosaic- Carla Wrenn
- Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop- Babble and Munch
- Developmental foundations of feeding and oral development
- Assessment of oral structure, function and feeding skills
- Evidence based assessment and management of tongue tie
- Treatment of breastfeeding and bottlefeeding difficulties
- Treatment of early solids difficulties, including oral motor skills
Mental Health Primer Group Mentoring with Rachel Arthur - topic based clinician mentoring over 9 months.
Safety – Keeping You & Them Safe
Where Are We Now? – An Update on Mental Health from an Integrative Medicine Perspective
- What Drives Us Toward & Away from Mental Health?
- Questions and Case Taking Skills – The Best Ones for Identifying Mental Health Drivers
- Mental Health Assessment Tools
Interpretation of Labs through a Mental Health Lens Part 1
Interpretation of Labs through a Mental Health Lens MH1 part 2
- What Helps Us? – Detailed discussion & update on key prescriptions
Antidepressant Withdrawal Discontinuation Syndrome & Best Support Practices
- A Depression Case From The Ground Up